Testimony from Dennis
From marswalker108 (Dennis) on:
Sathya Sai Baba Discussion Club, message 2023:
Date: 2/19/01 12:53 p.m.
To answer your question, I left the ssb organization last spring.
Here are the reasons:
1) I have known a family in Arkansas for over 15 years and even have stayed overnight at their house. There son was molested by Sai Baba over 20 times over a 3 year period. (I was was completely devastated when I learned of these incidents. I was especially hurt because I was an older devotee of over 27 yr.)
2) I learned of a molestation of a 15 year old boy from the Hemet Sai Center in California who was a close friend of a friend of mine.
3) My center president asked me to call some national leaders of the org.
A National leader did not deny the allegations. It is her theory that the boys have great karma and that ssb is only acting as a 'mirror' to them. This did not make sense to me.
4) I decided to take a neutral position and do a very careful and slow investigation. I have talked to victims and parents and friends of victims in many countries of the world. What is very disturbing is that the same pattern has occurred.
5) As I investigated, other irregularities have surfaced: Money lost concerning those who had put money down on an apartment at Puttaparthi, videos showing fake materializations, and stories of atrocities in or near the ashram are some examples.
I do not mean this to be attached on ones faith. It is just my experience. I suggest for all to take at least a neutral position, and courageously
do your own investigation. After all ssb has encouraged us to investigate.